Thursday 24 October 2013

Guest review from Chelseamamma! Ultimate Blog Challenge #15

My friend Emma introduced me to Captured by Samira when she had photographs done of her newborn Matilda.  I was blown away by her pictures so booked us in for 26th June, although this could have been moved if Sebastian had been late.

Sebastian arrived on 20th June, so was just 6 days old when we had the photo shoot in Samira's studio at her home just outside Bournemouth, Dorset.  Our first challenge was that Sebastian hated being naked, so we found it really hard to keep him asleep with no clothes on.  Even covering him in a blanket didn't work, as he would wake up as soon as it was removed.

Samira in action
Samira was brilliant with Sebastian, and rocked him back to sleep again and again.  He may have christened her a few times too, but it didn't phase her at all and as Sebastian detested being naked so much, we decided to have him photographed with some of her gorgeous snuggly blankets.

Using props
The whole shoot took around 4 hours, as a lot of patience is required and we had to stop for a few milk top ups for Sebastian, and tea top ups for us!  We did have a comfy sofa to sit on and even CBeebies on for Eliza.

Eliza lends a hand
Samira used lots of props and we were even encouraged to bring our own too.  She was also more than happy for us to take snapshots on our phones and we got a taster photograph sent to us later that day!



The whole session was relaxed and informal, with everything timed to suit Sebastian. Samira makes sure she only books in one shoot per day so things are not hurried, although she did squeeze us in for a family photograph in the school holidays.


If you want to view my finished photo's, check out my G+ page here, but I shall leave you with a few of my favourites.


Captured by Samira

Captured by Samira

Captured by Samira

Captured by Samira

Captured by Samira



The family shots I had of all 6 children are fabulous too.  I cannot wait to go back for a Cake Smash when he turns 1.


Captured by Samira
The Family
For more information about Samira and the newborn photoshoot, you can like her on facebook and follow her on twitter @samiracaptured.

21 comments:

  1. Lovely! I wish this was the style of photography when my son was young. Adorable and memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a great set up there! I don't think I have ever regretted going to a professional. Babies are so beautiful, and these photos bring them up to a whole new level! Love the one with the hat, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and nice to see the process and a satisfied customer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great shots! She do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great shots! New born pictures are the best they only stay tiny for a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the picture in the green hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! What great memories there will be of this special time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful what amazing photos - I love the photo with the pom pom hat too cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those photos are adorable! I love the second one all wrinkly and with the cute hat, too. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The picture is timeless :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These made me smile and I'm a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice looking family and great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very talented and nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shots of the cutie with the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are great! I want the kids to be small again to get these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pics will remind you of a cherished time. Kids grow so fast. I have an eighteen year old now and I don't know where the time went. It's been a fun and exciting ride. Still, our pics at that age are priceless to us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pictures are so cute! I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete